First I want to start by saying a belated and heartfelt THANK YOU to Alli over at The Vintage Postcard for nominating me back in March for this award. At the time of her nomination, I had just started both my blog and my trip through Southeast Asia, and was so new to WordPress that I wasn’t even following 10 people yet! It’s taken close to 2 months, but I’ve finally found 10 women I think deserve to be recognized for placing a little piece of themselves on display through their blogs. Now since this award is passed from sister blogger to sister blogger, there are a few conditions you have to meet when you accept the award:
- Answer 10 questions
- Nominate 10 blogs that you find a joy to read
- Provide links to the blogs and inform the recipients they have been nominated
- Include the logo within your post
1. Who is a woman from history that you respect?
There are so many amazing women in history that it’s a shame to only be able to choose one, but I’m going to say Amelia Earhart. Like all good tomboy’s she found a way to be one of the boys, all while following her heart and doing what she loved. Not only did she create history as a female pilot, but she also captured the attention of the world both during her life and long after her disappearance.
2. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes and no. I like the flow and curve of my letters, and on occasion my handwriting is pretty, but most of the time it’s sloppy and unreadable.
3. What book are you reading right now?
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
4. Are you ticklish?
Yes. I’ve always been ticklish on my feet
5. What have been your favorite method of transport?
If you don’t count driving my car, then my favorite method so far has been the train.
6. What is your favorite breakfast?
A large glass of milk, and omelet with fresh veggies, and a bowl of fruit.
7. Do you ever sing in the shower?
Not very often, so when I do it’s usually because I have a song stuck in my head
8. Are you wearing socks right now?
No. I hate socks.
9. If you could be given any gift, what would it be?
A signed poster for my favorite movie, but since one might not exist I’d never say no to a plane ticket.
10. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass it?
I usually find some way to relax and enjoy the scenery around me.
Now it’s time for me to nominate 10 amazing women and welcome them into the sisterhood:
Bridget – Bridget Ehemann
Jennifer – For the Love of Nike
Meghan – Soulshine Traveler
Michelle – Whirlwind Travel
Peggy Tee – Taking to the Open Road
Rian – Truth and Cake
Shew – Phoblography
Veronica – Confessions of a Nomad
Yulia – In Search of Perfect
Zoe – ZoZo The Adventurer